Master Updates 2016-17
Master Updates 2016-17 is a distillation of hundreds of resource guidelines, websites articles, news articles, gazette notifications, etc. sourced from publications by WHO, other national/international organizations and various ministries. Every care has been taken to ensure that the information contained is up-to-date till the time of publishing. The presentation has been made engrossing and visually pleasing. As you browse through the book, you will notice that many of the topics covered here are not even mentioned in the latest edition of the standard textbooks in this subject. Thus it is a great supplement to your existing books and a must-have for anyone appearing for exams in the subject of Community Medicine. Students appearing for PGMEE have found it a great addition to their preparations at the eleventh hour. Teachers of Community Medicine have praised the concept of this book, and how it helps to keep them abreast with the latest happenings without much hassle.
Highlights of the book
- All the updates in the subject comprehensively covered
- Simple and engaging presentation of matter
- Complex matter had been simplified and summarized for easy grasping of students
- Referenced from reliable sources like various ministry and WHO documents
- Illustrated with ample figures, charts, tables and images
About the Author | Connect with Dr. Zakirhusain Shaikh on EduLanche.com
Dr. Zakirhusain Shaikh is a very popular, widely acclaimed and favorite author and teacher of Community Medicine. He is known to make the subject interesting and easy. With the backing of two credible titles – Master Companion: A concise text in Community Medicine and Master Updates: Recent advances in Community Medicine, he has now offered the third title in the Master series. He did his MBBS and MD from the prestigious Seth G S Medical College and KEM Hospital, Mumbai and is now working as Assistant Professor at Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Jamia Hamdard, Delhi.
This book is an updated version and has embodied all the recent topics based on 23rd edition of Park’s Textbook of Preventive and Social Medicine. The highlights of the book are topic-wise multiple choice questions based on recent syllabus and vital topics, along with commonly asked questions. It is a comprehensive book for the preparation of competitive examinations.
This book is meant to fulfil the needs of medical students and research workers who aspire to purse higher degrees. An effort has been made to help students in thoroughness of their examination preparation. The contents are arranged as for the convenience of reader to make it easy for recall. The language used is simple. The questions have been framed based on 23rd edition of Park’s Textbook of Preventive and Social Medicine. This book has a holistic approach to the field of community medicine.
- Quick and Self Assessment Review
- 1000+ MCQs from last 15 years of AIIMS, AIPGME, UPSC
- Authentic answers you can rely on
- Latest updated matter
Practical And Viva Community Medicine for Students of MBBS, MD, MPH, DNB, DPH, DHA, PGDMCH, PGCHCFW, PGDGM, DPHM, BSc & MSc Nursing
The book is very useful to undergraduate and postgraduate medical & nursing students their practical examination. This book contains following chapters: Clinico-Social Case Study, Exercise in Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Spots, History of community Medicine and public Health, Concept of Health and Disease, Social Medicine, Epidemiology, Environmental Health, Immune System, Communicable Diseases, Non-communicable Diseases, Occupational Health, Mental Health, Geriatrics, Nutrition, Genetics, Biostatistics, Demography and Population Medicine, Health Assessment, Health Informatics and Communication, Health Care System NRHM, Reproductive and Child Health, Health Management, Health Economics, Disaster Management, Public Health Legislation & International Health.
- The book has been designed for the PG aspirants.
- The PG entrance exam requires a holistic yet focused approach. Students require a PG entrance examination book which covers all the topics in all the subsets of Gynecology and Obstetrics.
- The book will cover the important points from PG medical entrance perspective and will answer the related MCQs.
- The book caters to all the topics necessary for solving the frequently asked MCQs in the major entrance examinations, with authentic questions, correct answers, elaborate explanations and references from the standard text books.
- The book also provides a synopsis which caters to the basic needs of final year professional MBBS students who want to refer to this book for quick review of important points from PG entrance examination point of view and their theory and practical exams.
- The book is already in the market and has established a good name and sales of the book are very encouraging.
- Publisher: Elsevier
Author: Deepak B Saxena