NEW EDITION RELEASING IN FEB, 2017
- Based on latest pattern of AIPG / AIIMS / PGI and other PGMEE examinations.
- Chapter-wise meticulous explanation of theory andMCQs with simplified diagrams and flow charts.
- Text and MCQs are thoroughly cross checked from standard reference books.
- Precise and updated coverage of controversial topics. “High yield info” covers recent advances for future MCQs.
- Hematology, gross and histopathology diagrams are enumerated and well explained for rapid revision and understanding.
- Chapter on “Extra edge information including end of controversies” includes numerous tough and controversial high yield topics.
This book is intended to help the student to quickly review the subject for MCQs examinations. The table of contents of the book covers the wide landscape of orthopedic discipline.
Key Features :
- Biggest strength is in its simplicity and concepts.
- It is more concise more compact and more comprehensive for easy understanding
- It has more illustrated diagrams and new images for better retention
- It includes new flow charts and new mnemonics for easier recall during examinations
- It has new topics added As per the latest guidelines and trends in exams.
A Guide for Preparation of All India Exam 2015-16, Volume 3 By Arvind arora and Amit Tripathi contains subject:
Key features of Seventh edition retained in Eighth edition :
- Theory given at start of each chapter (Theory divided chapter-, topic-, sub-topic wise – Small/one-liner points in each topic/Important previous MCQs marked asQ)
- Key REVISION Points given on side of each topic for MUST-KNOW MCQs facts
- New/Recent Examination based pattern has been adopted chapter-wise (Focus on Wider coverage, Concept development, One-liner approach, Value-based MCQs, Applied aspect MCQs, Image-based MCQs, Updated Golden Points)
- New Live Updated Lecture Epidemiology 3 hours (DVD)
- New NBE based pattern (Wider coverage, concept development, one-liner approach, value-based MCQs, applied aspect MCQs, Image-based MCQs Updated Golden Points)
- Theory chapter, topic-wise/ One-line points/ Previous MCQs highlighted as
- Key revision points/Must-know MCQs facts given on side of each topic
- Solved MCQs (1985-2015) including ALL ‘Recent Questions’ (2014, 2015)
FULLY REVISED AND UPDATED
AUTHENTIC QUESTIONS FROM THE LATEST ALL INDIA ENTERANCE EXAMINATIONS
Authentic AI PGMEE Questions from 2007-2012.
The most recent years papers have been compiled and attempt has been made to be most specific and true to both the questions and the options. Both of these have been scrutinized by a group of students, who also gave the concerned examinations and only finalised after numerous reveiws and corrections as suggested by them.
GUARANTEED CORRECT ANSWERS
Why should I believe your answer? All answers have been referenced from the most recent books available at the time of compilation of the answers to satisfy the ever doubting nature of you students. For those still not satisfied, the book offers explanations to each and every question from the previous AIPG entrance examination papers.
The book also offers various other features which you will realize as you proceed further with the book. Including :
TIPS TO SOLVE THE MOST CONTROVERSIAL QUESTIONS.
HIGHLIGHTING LIKELY SOURCES OF ERROR AND FOREWARNING THE STUDENTS
Key Features :-
- Notes of every topic in a very simple language given before solving the questions.
- Complete guide for preparation of most entrance exams including NEET, AIIMS, PGI
- Includes question of recent NEET pattern and CET pattern with explanatory answers (upto 2015)
- Also includes questions from AIIMS, ALL India , PGI Chandigarh & various other state examinations (upto 2015)
THIS IS THE LATEST (2016) EDITION
The structure of Postgraduate Medical Entrance Examinations has undergone a dramatic change over the past few years with the pattern of examination moving from a ‘Paper Based’ All India Postgraduate Medical Entrance Examination (AIPGMEE) conducted by All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), to a ‘Computer Based’ AIPGMEE conducted by National Board of Examinations (NBE). This has not only brought about a change in the preparatory content but also a change to the best approach to the same content.
- To help you to prepare for the test in a more efficient manner we have made certain key changes in the format of the book.
- Approaches ‘medicine’ systematically by dividing its contents into clinical chapters and further into sequential topics and themes
- Gives an elaborate overview of the most significant themes within each chapter
- Explains each theme and complements it with high-yield facts
- Provides the most essential facts in flow diagrams and tabulation with an ‘easy-to-remember’ format
- Provides and effective revision tool in the form of ‘Essential Revision Notes’ before each chapter covering all major themes
- Includes a vast bank of previously asked questions from various entrance examinations
- Includes Latest Exam Pattern Questions Upto 2015.
- The chapters in this book have been strategically made in order to provide an insight into the subject, giving you an extra edge for your preparation.
- The chapters on Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Preventive and Social Medicine, and Internal Medicine have been given due weightage for a planned approach for cracking the examination.
Special Features: Written by the Leading National level Faculty with a vast experience of over 10 years in teaching Medicine to PGMEE students, First book on medicine with complete coverage, and updated content based on latest pattern of NBE exams in a concise volume, Theory concise yet comprehensive arranged topic & subtopic wise with IBQ's (integrated approach) , Main focus given to latest pattern questions of up to Jan 2016, More than 3500 explained questions with updated references , 200+ Image based Q's with explanations based on recent pattern , Fully colored layout with special features like Latest Updates, Mnemonics & Points to Remember , First book on Medicine with free DVD containing live lecture on Cardiology & 2000+ Q's as Computer-based Test , Book has been reviewed by renowned faculties of Top Institutes of India & by the faculty of John Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maximise output in a limited time frame.
This book is a systematic and updated listing of drug classification to serve as an aid to remembering drug names and quickly placing them in their appropriate pharmacological/ therapeutic category. Essentials prescribing information, viz. doses, routes and frequency of administration and a limited number of leading proprietary names along with dosage forms of drugs have been provided to make it useful to both medical/pharmacy students as well as to professionals.
Publisher: Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers.
Author: Amit Tripathi , Ashish Gupta , Arvind Arora
Publisher: Pulse Publications
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Based on the 18th Edition of HARRISON’s Principles of Internal Medicine.
- Enables medical students to pursue excellence in education.
- Provides better learning approach to the learner.
- Incorporates the recent advances and research in MEDICINE.
- Enriched with more than 10,000 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) for quick and effective revision.
- The book is sign-posted with resources and references.
- Caters to the need of medical professionals at all levels.
- This book will not only inspire doctors to prepare for medical entrance examinations but also enable seasoned medical professionals to update knowledge.
The Short Textbook of Psychiatry aims to provide a brief yet comprehensive account of psychiatric disorders and their allied aspects. While striving to make the book simple and easy-to-follow, an attempt has been made to keep the book aligned to the most recent developments in Classification, terminology and treatment methods.
Publisher: Jaypee Brothers.
For beginners in pathology, for whom this textbook is primarily meant, a balanced approach for learning of pathology is recommended i.e. the students must learn basic morphologic pathology including recent knowledge of etiology and pathogenesis of diseases, and simultaneously they should know the contribution of modern diagnostic techniques mentioned above towards achieving the goal of an objective ‘final diagnosis’ that is prognostically relevant as well. This philosophy for teaching and learning of pathology has been followed in the present edition but without disturbing the basic format of the book.
Publisher: Jaypee Brothers.
- Revised and Updated Text Most of the topics in chapters have undergone revision and updating of various aspects of diseases including their newer causes and recent mechanisms by insertion of latest information between the lines. Emphasis has also been placed on contemporary diagnostic modalities in a simple and lucid manner. In doing so, the basic accepted style of the book—simple, easy-to-understand and reproduce the subject matter, and emphasis on clarity and accuracy, has not been disturbed. Considering their utility, a dozen new tables have been added in different chapters in the revised edition while many others have been updated.
- Reorganisation of the Book The redistribution of the textbook into three sections (General Pathology, Haematology and Lymphoreticular Tissues, and Systemic Pathology) done in the previous edition has been widely accepted and appreciated for its ease for locating material and has, therefore, been retained. In order to make space for addition of new information, topics of normal cell structure and function and laboratory techniques have been relocated, after editing them, to relevant chapters to which they belong.
- Newer and Revised Images Morphologic pathology has always been regarded as a highly visual branch of medicine, and therefore, there is always need and scope of doing more and making this aspect better in the new edition. In the revised edition, many newer illustrations have been added while some old ones have been replaced with better quality images or improved after eliminating their shortcomings. In boxes have been incorporated in some photomicrographs for a close-up microscopic view. In general, the effort has been to give soft and pleasing colours for soothing visual look to the new edition.
- Gist Boxes In the revised edition, at the end of every topic a short summary of the subject covered has been given. These ‘Gist Boxes’ (226 in all) include salient must-know features of the covered topic in bulleted points for a rapid revision in ultrashort time. These Gist Boxes have been given a distinctive eye-catching colour throughout the book to be visible on a glance and for looking up quickly by turning the pages of the book for a last minute revision before facing an evaluation in examination.
- Clinical Focus on Learning A novel modality of learning and self-assessment has been added in the revised edition by including 30 structured clinical cases. At the end of most of the chapters, one or more clinical cases with history and findings of examination have been given based on a common or an important disease pertaining to the system of that chapter. Questions framed at the end of these cases have been rationally answered and discussed in an analytical manner in Appendix II.
- Revised Pathology Quick Review and MCQs .The 7th edition of textbook is accompanied with the new revised baby-book popular with many students and interns. This small book has been found profoundly useful by the students just before practical examination to face viva voce when they need to revise huge course content in a short time, or by those preparing to take postgraduate entrance examinations. The revised edition has over 50 more new MCQs while some old ones have either been edited or replaced.
Paras Khullar and Smriti Khullar’s Topper’s Topics for PG Medical Entrance, published by Jaypee Brothers, is a comprehensive book for those who aspire to excel in the PG medical entrance exams. It comprises of various concepts in Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Forensic, Immunity, Microbiology, Pathology, Pharmacology, Preventive and Social Medicine (PSM), ENT, Ophthalmology, Psychiatry, Radio diagnosis and Radio therapy, Anaesthesia, Orthopaedics, Surgery, Gynaecology, Skin, and other miscellaneous topics. All these concepts are explained in simple and lucid language for better comprehension. The book conforms to the latest syllabus and exam pattern.
This new edition has been fully revised to bring pharmacologists and trainees fully up to date with the latest developments in the field of medical pharmacology. Beginning with an introduction to general pharmacological principles, the following sections discuss drugs for common and less common disorders found in different regions of the body. The seventh edition includes new drugs, as well as the latest therapeutic guidelines from authoritative sources such as the World Health Organization (WHO) and the British National Formulary (BNF). Each topic includes key point summary boxes as well as illustrations, flowcharts and tables to enhance learning. A 'problem-directed study' question at the end of each chapter helps trainees test their knowledge. An extensive appendices section includes a list of essential medicines, drugs that should/shouldn't be prescribed in pregnancy and lactation, and suggestions for further reading.
Publisher:Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers
Fluid and electrolyte imbalance is a very important clinical problem in many patients admitted in the emergency departments and it affects all internal organs and increases morbidity and mortality. Most of the doctors, irrespective of their specialty, in their clinical practice have to deal with these problems. So the knowledge about the finest aspects of fluid and electrolyte therapy is important in the management of very sick patients who get admitted in the emergency and critical care setups.
“Fluids, Electrolytes and Acid-Base Balance”, is a quick reference book, which covers most of the clinical aspects of fluid therapy, electrolyte imbalance, acid base balance and nutrition in critical care. Investigations and treatment parts of each type of presentations are covered in detail.
The purpose of this book “Fluids, Electrolytes and Acid-Base Balance “, is to provide a concise but very clear overview of management of fluid and electrolyte imbalance and its complications. This book is not intended to be an exhaustive reference and cannot possibly cover all minute details about the above mentioned topics, especially its pathogenesis and epidemiology. However I hope that this book will provide a useful introduction about management of critically ill patients and cater to the needs of all emergency and critical care medical professionals.
- Key Features:
- Useful, concise, quick reference book for medical professionals working in emergency and critical care setups
- All the major clinical problems of fluid and electrolyte imbalance and their management are dealt in detail with practical approach.
- Covers important aspects of fluid therapy, electrolyte imbalance, acid base balance and nutrition in critical care.
- Investigation and treatment parts of each type of presentations are covered in detail.
- Simple and easy-to-understand format.
- The popular handbook.
- Fully revised and updated.
- Presents all aspects of emergency situations.
- Covers topics on pediatrics, dermatology, ENT, ophthalmology, gynecology, psychiatry, gastroenterology, respiratory and cardiovascular, neurology, hematology, urology, immunology, oncology, forensic and community medicine, and surgery.
- Must-have reference for Family Physician and Hospital Residents on emergency duty.
Ghai Essential Pediatrics 2013 is renowned and trusted as a reliable resource for teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students of Pediatrics. This 8th edition of the book marks well over 25 years that it has spent as the standard in imparting knowledge in the field of Pediatric Health.
Several chapters in the new edition have been rewritten to include new research findings and clearer illustrations. The emphasis of the book is on learning practical techniques in child health care and treatment and on evidence-based management of illness. The entire textbook has been extensively revised to ensure that all the information is relevant. It includes several tables that clearly explain differential diagnoses and management. There are new chapters on diagnosis, therapy, nutrition, gastrointestinal diseases, immunisation and rational drug therapy.
Ghai Essential Pediatrics 2013 comes with a CD that contains clinical photographs, algorithms and results which help to enhance the learning experience. It was published by CBS Publishers in 2013 and is available in hardcover.
- The 8th edition is fully revised to keep all the information up to date.
- Several new chapters on various therapies, illnesses and diagnoses have been added.
- Over thirty experts from around the world have contributed to the book.
Publishers: CBS Publishers.
This new edition is a comprehensive guide to clinical medicine correlating clinical findings with pathological processes. Divided into two parts, the first section examines internal medicine and each of the systems in the human body. The second section discusses functions and processes of these systems. Each chapter describes the investigation and examination of common disorders in each of the body systems. Nearly 700 full colour images and illustrations are included to enhance learning.
Publisher: Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
- In its fourth edition, this book incorporates the recent advances in medicine as well as my personal insights on how to learn better.
- Based on earlier and the 19th edition of Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine, published by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc., this book also comprises relevant studies from the leading medical journals from the world over.
- This book caters to medical professionals at all levels. Not only can this be used by aspiring doctors to prepare for medical entrance examinations but by seasoned medical professionals to update knowledge long after it has been acquired.
- The book is sign-posted with resources and references should the reader require elaboration on any given topic.
All India Postgraduate Medical Entrance Examination: Self Assessment and Review (2012 - 2007), Volume - 1 (OUT OF STOCK)
All India Postgraduate Medical Entrance Examination: Self Assessment And Review (Volume - 1) 2012 - 2007 is a comprehensive reference book contains question papers of the All India Postgraduate Medical Entrance Examination from 2007 to 2012. The All India Postgraduate Medical Entrance Examination is Medical Entrance Test conducted for obtaining admission to various Post Graduate Medical Courses in India. The candidate is required to be an Indian citizen in order to be eligible for this exam, and should hold an M.B.B.S degree from a recognized college. The subjects in this exam on which the candidates are tested are the same subjects in the M.B.B.S course.
All India Postgraduate Medical Entrance Examination: Self Assessment And Review (Volume - 1) 2012 - 2007 provides question papers for the All India Postgraduate Medical Entrance Examination from 2007 to 2012. These question papers are provided with their subsequent answers, along with explanations to aid the student’s learning process.
The book includes relevant texts from other exams, and also has tips to many tricky questions. The primary purpose of this book is to help the student assess his level of preparation for the exam, and test himself in order to understand what areas need improvement.
Publisher: Aditya Medical Book Publisher.
- Key Features:
- The book covers all the major topics in emergency medicine.
- Easy to follow format helps the readers to understand the procedures better.
- Includes essential aspects of basic life support, advanced cardiac and trauma life support, acute coronary syndrome management, acute stroke and many other common medical emergencies.
- Causes, symptoms, diagnosis, of acute emergencies are discussed and treatment options provided.
- Handy quick reference tool for doctors, nurses, and paramedics of emergency medicine.
- Dosage of drugs and infusion protocols mentioned will be extremely helpful to work more efficiently.
- Figures and flow charts for all the protocols will help to follow the given maneuvers better.
Publisher: Pulse Publications.
YOP : 2014
- New NBE based pattern (Wider coverage, concept development, one-liner approach)
- Picture MCQs with Answers ('According to Recent Examinations')
- Solved MCQs (PGMEEs 1985-2013) including ALL 'Recent Questions' (2012, 2013)Thoroughly revised, updated and fully colored edition
- Interactive 3 hours DVD containing live lecture on Immunology
Chapter wise concise complete text in a new layout for enabling the student to study ante grade New conceptual and clinically relevant information has been highlighted in the text Provides the advantage of both ante grade as well as retrograde study Large numbers of diagrams and flow charts to quickly revise the topics References from both 7th as well as 8th (2010) editions of Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease Previous years MCQs and other potential questions highlighted in the text Fully explained MCQs from AIIMS, AIPGMEE, PGI, Karnataka PG and DPG.Large numbers of easy-to-grasp Mnemonics Chapter on important stains and bodies included Latest examinations of AI, AIIMS, DPG and Karnataka PG discussed in separate chapter New topics being asked recently in the examinations included Authentic and complete Question Bank of various years with latest references and correct answers of the following States examinations have been added Rajasthan PGMEE, UP PGMEE, AP PGMEE, Tamil Nadu PGMEE, Kolkata PGMEE, Bihar and Jharkhand PGMEE, Kerala PGMEE, MP PGMEE, DNB, Orissa PGMEE, Delhi PGMEE and Maharashtra PGMEE.
Publisher: Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers
This a comprehensive book for students and professionals in the medical field. The contents include: Regional and Applied, and Dissection and Clinical. The book concentrates on the areas of the head-neck and the brain. About CBS CBS Publishers and Distributors Pvt, Ltd. is one of the leading publishers and distributors in India. The organization was established in 1972. It was founded by Satish Kumar Jain, and his vision and spirit has helped blossom CBS into an international organization. Today, they are known for quality textbooks in medical sciences and technology, and are a major source of procurement books. Several book published by them are running into various editions and reprints. Some books published by them are Civil Engineering: Through Objective Type Questions 3rd Edition, Economic Geology: Economic Mineral Deposits 2nd Edition, Basic Laws of Electromagnetism 1st Edition, Mechanics of Materials and Fundamental Laws of Mechanics 1st Edition.
Provides complete information with well illustrated text, the study of human skeleton i.e. bones and their structure, position and clinical status. A sound knowledge of Osteology is fundamental basis to understand the gross anatomy of the body. It presents a vivid, visual and verbal depiction of anatomic structures. It describes their correlation with appropriate clinical images and general anatomy essential for proper identification in the dissection lab and successful preparation for course exams.
Publisher: Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
Designed to be read by all health care providers involved in Emergency Medicine Care including physicians, medical students and nursing professionals. Includes up-to-date universal fundamental principles of Emergency Medicine. The book is divided into 21 chapters and sectioned by the body systems. Tables, charts and easy illustrations are used to clarify the content and facilitate the learning process. Standard National Treatment Guidelines are stressed in each case discussion. The last chapter deals with disaster management, triaging techniques and discussing the use of mock trials to train health care workers to manage a mass casualty incident in an efficient way. It will discuss preventable injuries such as drowning, burns from fire, chemicals and electrical sources. The chapters also stress the need to coordination between governmental law enforcement and the community to help in preventing disasters. Each case study is designed to stimulate thought process of students, to formulate a diagnosis and a quick treatment plan. Clinical Pearls and Pitfalls are provided to keep the importance in mind of missing a diagnosis as well as the legal implications. Some historical cases are mentioned to make the subject interesting, easy-to-remember and relates to the case.
A clear, concise guide for clinicians new to the Emergency Department
Written by authors who are practicing emergency physicians and emergency medicine educators, Clinical Emergency Medicine distills the entire content of the emergency medicine curriculum into less than one hundred succinct, clinically relevant chapters. This unique book is intended to guide you through what you must know and be able to do during an actual shift and give you a better understanding of the issues and problems you will face while working in the Emergency Department.
Featuring a consistent, find-it-now design, Clinical Emergency Medicine delivers concise, must-know information on ninety-eight chief complaints and disorders, ranging from asthma and chest pain to fever and poisoning. Each chapter begins with Key Points, followed by an Introduction, Clinical Presentation (History and Physical Examination), Diagnostic Studies, Medical Decision Making, Treatment and Disposition, and Suggested Reading.
Human Anatomy Upper Limb Thorax is a comprehensive book for undergraduate students of Medicine. The book comprises of chapters on bones of upper limb, pectoral region, scapular region, forearm and hand, joints of upper limb, wall of thorax, thoracic cavity and the pleura, pericardium, and the heart. In addition, the book consists of several detailed diagrams and illustrations for the students to understand the concepts better. This book is essential for medical students preparing for various postgraduate medical entrance examinations.
Principles of Respiratory Medicine is a comprehensive text written by three distinguished physicians who have practised respiratory medicine for several decades in India. The authors have not compromised on the generally accepted description of respiratory diseases common to the affluent West and to poor developing countries. Their special emphasis is however on respiratory diseases peculiar to India and other tropical countries.
The text, divided into twenty-two sections and extremely well illustrated, succeeds in giving a comprehensive view of different respiratory diseases as observed in India and other tropical countries. A highlight of the book is the discussion on the threat of pulmonary tuberculosis and its unsolved challenges. The epidemiology, the subtle variations in clinical presentation and the natural history of respiratory diseases in regional contexts have been clearly emphasized. In these respects this book differs significantly from the many books on respiratory diseases written by western authors and is a landmark book not only in India but perhaps also in Southeast Asia.
Author(s): Farokh Erach Udwadia.
The eighth edition of Textbook of Medical Biochemistry provides a concise, comprehensive overview of biochemistry, with a clinical approach to understand disease processes. Beginning with an introduction to cell biology, the book continues with an analysis of biomolecule chemistry, molecular biology and metabolism, as well as chapters on diet and nutrition, biochemistry of cancer and AIDS, and environmental biochemistry. Each chapter includes numerous images, multiple choice and essay-style questions, as well as highlighted text to help students remember the key points.
Author: MN Chatterjea, Rana Sinde.
Publisher: Jaypee Brothers.
A thoroughly revised and updated new edition of an established textbook that covers the developmental aspects and variations in physiology due to age and gender. Written in a detailed but approachable style that enables students to clearly understand how physiology underpins the study of medicine. New materials address topics such as ergonomics, pinealgland and space physiology. For medical, biomedical science, anatomy and physiology students.
Publisher: Jaypee Brothers.
The second edition of Essentials of Haematology brings students fully up to date with common haematologic disorders and blood transfusion, with an emphasis on pathogenesis, diagnosis and treatment. Divided into five sections, topics include blood physiology, red and white blood cell disorders, haemostasis disorders and blood transfusion. Each chapter discusses the diagnosis and treatment of a different disorder and the final section describes transfusion techniques. This comprehensive new edition includes more than 400 full colour figures, tables and illustrations with descriptions to assist learning.
Publisher: Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
Diabetes mellitus is a group of metabolic diseases in which a person has high blood sugar, either because the body does not produce enough insulin, or because cells do not respond to the insulin that is produced. This new edition is a complete guide to diabetes mellitus. Beginning with an introduction to the pathophysiology of the disease, the following chapters examine ocular, cardiovascular and neuropathic effects as well as gestational diabetes, emergencies and childhood diabetes. With contributions from specialists in Europe and the USA, this comprehensive sixth edition includes more than 300 colour images and illustrations and 40 clinical cases. Key Points *Includes more than 300 colour images and illustrations, 40 clinical cases and 50 quick revision questions and answers for self assessment *Contributions from European and US specialists *Previous edition published 2010.
Publisher: Jaypee Brothers.
This edition now features freshly drawn diagrams in vivid colours with redesigned labelling and clarity of depiction
Publisher: CBS Publishers & Distributors
This book is presented in a handy form for easy handling during examinations. The books referred to write the answers are the ones that are commonly read by the students so as not to cause confusion and avoid perpetuation of the tension at eleventh hour. The questions that have repeated are referred. The emphasis is on the Revised Scheme 2 as it is applicable to the present batches.
Publisher: Jaypee Brothers Medical Publication.
Essentials of Clinical Pathology explains the basic fundamentals of clinical chemistry, laboratory tests in diagnosis and management of diseases. It is mainly intended for second MBBS students and postgraduate residents in pathology. It will also be an essential reading for students of medical laboratory technology. Its main strengths are easy readability, scientific basis, incorporation of most recent concepts, and clinical relevance. Discussion of laboratory tests is preceded, where required, by basic information on anatomy, physiology, and a concise outline of relevant diseases to facilitate understanding. The book is organized in Three Sections which are further divided into 39 chapters. Key information is emphasized by numerous illustrations, tables, and boxes. Reference ranges and critical values have been incorporated at the end of each chapter for quick access.
Publisher: Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
This new edition has been fully revised to present the latest developments in gynecology. Beginning with an introduction to the anatomy and development of female pelvic organs, the following chapters describe the diagnosis and treatment of both common and rare gynecological diseases and disorders. Many chapters have been revised and expanded, and several new chapters have been added including one dedicated to 'Current Topics' which discusses stem cells and therapies. Presented in a user-friendly format, with numerous graphics, diagrams, tables and charts, the sixth edition also uses color codes to highlight key points. The accompanying interactive DVD ROM demonstrates hysterectomy procedures. Key points * New edition presenting latest developments in gynecology * Many revised and new chapters * User-friendly format with numerous illustrations and graphics, plus color coding to help learning * Includes interactive DVD ROM demonstrating hysterectomy procedures * Previous edition published in 2007.
Author: Hiralal Konar
Publisher: Jaypee Brothers Medical Publisher.