A Guide for Preparation of All India Exam 2015-16, Volume 3 By Arvind arora and Amit Tripathi contains subject:
MARWAH's Pediatric Update: All In One
- Full-Color Edition
- Chapter wise synopsis with Picture Based Questions
- More than 1500 Recent MCQs
- Most Important Topics for Last Minute Revision
- First Book with System-wise Medicine & Pediatrics MCQs
- More than 5000 Qs arranged system-wise with authentic answers
- All Qs are updated with the references from latest editions of Harrison's Internal Medicine 19/e and Nelson's Pediatrics 20/e
- More than 1000 New Qs from recent exams of 2016 given as practice Qs
- Latest NBE/DNB Pattern Questions covered from 2012 to 2016
- Most recent Questions covered from JIPMER & AIIMS May 2016
- Other Questions from AIPGMEE, AIIMS, PGI, JIPMER, UPSC and Other states from 2000 to 2016
- Best book for Last Minute Revision of Medicine & Pediatrics subjects
- Chapter-wise Synopsis with Picture-based Q's (Integrated Approach)
- More than 3000 Explained Q's with References covering All National level exams (AI, DNB, AIIMS, PGI, UPSC, JIPMER) & State Exams (TNPG, DPG, APPG and many more)
- 350 New Q’s Added from Most Recent Exams of 2015-16
- 100+ High yield Tables & Illustrations
- 100+ Image-based Q’s from all Recent Exams
- Most Important Topics in Annexure for Quick Revision
- Fully Colored Layout with special features like Latest Updates
- Key Points
- Points to Remember.
This is an updated and expanded edition of the popular pocketbook aimed to serve the needs of medical students, resident doctors, general practioners, and consultant pediatricians. Several newer formulations including antiretroviral agents, antimalarias, and antibiatics have been Included. The standard or usual adult doses of most of the drugs are also provided. The book also serve as a ready-reckoner of drug dosages to young residents and practising pediatricians, and will intial confidence In their prescriptions and reduce the Incidence of avoidable side effects of drugs. It provides brief Information on the pharmacokinetics of drugs with emphasis on advantages and disadvantages of various routes of administration, drug absorption, distribution, bioavailabillty, tissue binding, half-life and metabolism and excretion. The drugs have been listed alphabetically dally dosages per unit body weight, frequency and route of administration. Important cautions, contraindications and adverse effects of selected drugs have been provided. Trade names of formulations from standard pharmaceutical companies along with their products and strengths are also given.
Paras Prep Manual Pediatrics MBBS Final Part 2 Topicwise Solved Question Papers, For complete revision before the exams with notes and synopsis
Pediatrics has been considered as an immensely important subject over the last few years to such an extent that N.T.R.U.H.S. had to change the format for Final Year Undergraduates Examination. N.T.R.U.H.S. had assigned separate 100 marks question paper for Pediatrics since April 2001. The students have been under great pressure since then, because of the extra paper in addition to the already vast portion for Final Year. The intention behind this book is to provide the students with the advantage of quickly reviewing the subject before examination. I would like to emphasize that this book, by no means is a substitute to the standard textbooks in pediatrics. At the same time, it cannot be condoned as far as preparation for examination is concerned, because the answers are nothing but simplification several of texts from some standard books.
Dr. Shiva Sankar Reddy Yangala
- Key Features:
- Best book for revision before the exams.
- Presented in a concise format, with notes and synopsis.
- Covers most of the topics as prescribed by Medical Council of India.
- Answers are given in bullets format, so as to make it easy to remember and produce in the exams.
- Most important and frequently asked questions of various universities are given.
PEDMED Pediatric Medicine with comparative pts from adult Medicine Pediatrics PG Entrance Book (OUT OF STOCK)
PEDMED is an effort to compile salient points in pediatric medicine and comparative points from adult medicine in the same book. The references are from the latest editions of Nelson TB of Pediatrics 19th ed, IAP Textbook of Pediatrics 5th ed, Harrisons Internal Medicine 18th ed, CMDT 2013 and 2014. At a glance, it will give you an idea of the similarities and differences in the concepts of pediatric and adult medicine, which will make learning easier. This material has been designed specifically for equipping students to face PG medical entrance examinations, though it will also benefit final year students.
This unique book adopts a self learning approach based on case studies of real life situations encountered in daily practice. Beginning with an emphasis on the importance of clinical analysis and accurate diagnosis, the text then examines management dilemmas and recurrent problems in clinical practice. The final section looks at clinical presentations of paediatric tuberculosis, describing how changing inter-relationships between the agent, host and environment can influence clinical manifestations, diagnosis and management of the disease.
Author: Amit Tripathi , Ashish Gupta , Arvind Arora
Publisher: Pulse Publications
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Walker's Pediatric Gastrointestinal Disease, Pediatric Gastrointestinal Disease Pathology, Diagnosis (OUT OF STOCK)
The revision of this definitive, two-volume reference work is dedicated to the maintenance of a comprehensive approach to the practice of pediatric gastroenterology. The text of the fifth edition was extensively reviewed to assess the continuing relevance and, as a result, the size and content of various sections have been modified and new chapters have been added. Each author, selected because of particular expertise in the field, has provided an authoritative and comprehensive account of his or her topic.
In addition, new sections have been added to reflect the expanding complexity of the field, particularly new techniques now used to accurately establish complex diagnoses. As with previous editions, the size and content of each section has been modified and new chapters added to reflect an increasing evolution of subspecialty programs within gastroenterology and a better understanding of subspecialty conditions (motility, inflammation, and autoimmune bowel disease) that have emerged in pediatric gastroenterology. As the importance of genetics and molecular biology in the pathophysiology and diagnosis of complex pediatric conditions of the gut, pancreas, and liver have become appreciated, expanded chapters cover their importance in the field.
Furthermore, a more comprehensive representation of world leaders in pediatric gastroenterology among the editors of this edition has expanded the authorship to reflect experts in specific diseases within various continents rather than principally in North America. In other words, the edition is dedicated to a comprehensive, worldwide approach to the practice of pediatric gastroenterology.
The second edition of this book provides an opportunity to take into account the changes in the pattern of postgraduate clinical examination from totally subjective to partially objective assessment format in the national board exams. This edition is also an all inclusive teaching package as the first edition. It has evolved to assimilate the basics of pediatrics with clinical science. The essential information is wrapped up in an efficient format designed to facilitate retention and reproduction of knowledge during practical examination.
Key Features - Provides a comprehensive outline of various aspects of paediatric nutrition and child development. - Offers an insight into the complexities of the subject and approach to childhood diseases. - A succinct book with point by point description for easy understanding & application, thus acts as a ready reckoner. - Based on the practical experience and research conducted among children with malnutrition, in the Indian context. - Recent topics such as WHO charts, IYCF, FLD, etc have been added. - Revised and updated topics to meet the requirements of practicing and academically oriented paediatricians, postgraduates and nutritionists.
Provides a comprehensive outline of various aspects of paediatric nutrition and child development.
- Offers an insight into the complexities of the subject and approach to childhood diseases.
- A succinct book with point by point description for easy understanding & application, thus acts as a ready reckoner.
- Based on the practical experience and research conducted among children with malnutrition, in the Indian context.
- Recent topics such as WHO charts, IYCF, FLD, etc have been added.
- Revised and updated topics to meet the requirements of practicing and academically oriented paediatricians, postgraduates and nutritionists.
After more than 75 years, Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics remains your indispensable source for definitive, state-of-the-art answers on every aspect of pediatric care. Embracing the new advances in science as well as the time-honored art of pediatric practice, this classic reference provides the essential information that practitioners and other care providers involved in pediatric healthcare throughout the world need to understand to effectively address the enormous range of biologic, psychologic, and social problems that our children and youth may face. New chapters and comprehensive revisions throughout ensure that you have the most recent information on diagnosis and treatment of pediatric diseases based on the latest recommendations and methodologies.
- Key features
- Cognitive Development: Domains and Theories;
- The Reggio Emilia Educational Approach and Child Development and Learning;
- Refeeding Syndrome;
- Altitude-Associated Illness (Acute Mountain Sickness);
- Genetic Approaches to Rare and Undiagnosed Diseases;
- Healthcare-Associated Infections; Intrapartum and Peripartum Infections;
- Bath Salts;
- Small Fiber Polyneuropathy;
- The Microbiome and Pediatric Health;
- Kingella kingae;
- Mitochondrial Neurogastrointestinal Encephalomyopathy;
- Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease;
- Deformational Plagiocephaly;
- Central Nervous System Vasculitis;
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament Rupture;
- Sports-Related Traumatic Brain Injury (Concussion).
- Recognize, diagnose, and manage genetic and acquired conditions more effectively.
- A new Rehabilitation section with 10 new chapters, including Evaluation of the Child for Rehabilitative Services; Severe Traumatic Brain Injury; Spinal Cord Injury and Autonomic Crisis Management; Spasticity; Birth Brachial Plexus Palsy; Traumatic and Sports-Related Injuries of the Lower Extremity; Meningomyelocele (Spina Bifida); Health and Wellness for Children with Disabilities.
- Manage the transition to adult healthcare for children with chronic diseases through discussions of the overall health needs of patients with congenital heart defects, diabetes, and cystic fibrosis.
- Understand the principles of therapy and which drugs and dosages to prescribe for every disease
This is the tenth edition of a classic work on child development by Ronald Illingworth (1909-1990), the renowned English paediatrician who was Professor of Child Health at the University of Sheffield. This book was first published in 1960 and Professor Illingworth revised it frequently. It was translated into several languages and is used throughout the world. Since the publication of the ninth edition of this book in 1987, a sea of changes has happened in the discipline of child development. To bridge this gap Dr. MKC Nair and Dr. Paul Russell have supported Professor Illingworth's extraordinary observations with contemporary evidence whenever available. In addition, they have included the current normative values in child development as well as cultural and societal influences on a developing child. The Development of the Infant and Young Child by Dr Ronald S Illingworth is considered as the bible in the Growth and Development area. Every word of this book is considered as the Gospel truth by the Indian Paediatricians. The last edition of this book came out in 1999. This thoroughly revised and updated edition tries to bridge the gap between the last edition and current concepts.
- Covers all the important clinical cases needed for the MBBS students
- Completely reviewed and edited by Pediatricians-Dr B Parthiban and Dr K lIayaraja
- This is the first book of its kind to have in-depth discussion of the clinical examination cases for final MBBS students in pediatrics
- Discusses each topic from history taking, examination, investigations to treatment along with the relevant theory parts
- The book is updated with the latest editions of Nelson, OP Ghai, Indian Academy of Pediatrics (lAP) and various recent journals
- Many relevant data needed for the topics are taken from various international textbooks and journals, which will help postgraduates in paediatrics to have a quick review during their examinations also
- Number of illustrations, photographs and tables are given for easy understanding and remembering of the concepts
- This book being small and handy will be very helpful for ward preparation.
The book attempts to provide the essential information that postgraduates throughout India need to capture to effectively address the health problems that our children and youth may face in the times to come. Our objective is to be comprehensive yet concise and reader friendly, embracing both the new advances in science as well as the time-honored art of pediatric practice. Both Indian and international experts in respective fields have provided the details which have been further scrutinized for exposition and usefulness to pediatric postgraduates by a chosen team of eminent academicians. We have liberally included tables, line diagrams, images, clinical photographs, illustrative figures, flowcharts and algorithms in the main text. The book is divided in 10 major Parts and further arranged into 51 Sections to cover all aspects of postgraduate pediatric curriculum. Themes which have major public health relevance for India are extensively covered. It is almost impossible to cover all pediatric problems with the same degree of detail and hence a careful balance has been made in the details of description of diseases and their management to the needs of the students, and to keep the book to a manageable size. Take-home messages are provided at the end of each chapter. Selected recent references – mostly leading articles, reviews and position statements – are provided for more detailed information, if desired by the student or the teacher.
The book with an Edge:
• Paediatrics in all its complexity and comprehensiveness covered in Two Volumes, 51 Sections, and more than 600 Chapters.
• For the very first time, a Postgraduate level book of Pediatrics with India-centric approach and solutions with the over 50 Section Editors and almost more than 725 authors, brings forth more than 10000 years of combined teaching and clinical experience.
• A genre-establishing book , written by the choicest faculty form more than 200 teaching institutions in India and abroad, and edited by the foremost experts and doyens in their respective fields.
• Systemic arrangement of the entire subject in 10 Parts; starting from Introduction to Pediatrics, Basic Science, Intensive Care and Emergencies; moving on to problems of the Newborn Infant, the Child, and the Adolescent; and culminating with exhaustive treatise on Infectious Disorders, Systemic Pediatrics, and Social Issues in Child Health and Extensive Annexures on drug formulary and normal laboratory values.
• Each Chapter contains summary points In A Nutshell and suggested reading More on this Topic. A Must for every postgraduate student and practicing pediatricians in India.
- This book is designed as a supplement to the standard textbooks.
- It includes the Referenced - MCQs (of previous years papers) of various PO Medical Entrance and Services Examinations
- Specialty-wise and Chapter-wise arranged.
- The students while preparing the text or just before the examination can quickly go through this book.
- This will help in detecting the areas of weakness in understanding the text and thus will improve the skills with multiple choice system of examination.
- It is a favorite book for Paper-setters
This is the second edition of a successful textbook which puts emphasis on the study and knowledge of normality in physical diagnosis, in order to better appreciate, describe, diagnose and treat the abnormal. Clearly written and generously illustrated, it describes in practical step-by-step, head-to-toe procedures, the diagnostic examination of the newborn, child and adolescent. It provides a novel approach to the recognition and description of physical findings. This book is divided into 4 sections - Introduction to the Concept of Normality, Taking the History, Physical Examinations, and Specialised Examinations. It emphasises the importance of both subjective and objective observations, of distinguishing between the two, and of the use of exact measurements whenever possible.This book is comprehensive and easy to use, the text flows easily and understandably, unusual or key words are defined, rare diseases, unusual syndromes and name-dropping are avoided wherever possible. In short, this new edition of "Pediatric Physical Diagnosis" is an enjoyable, invaluable reference for both the beginner and the experienced physician and for trainees specialising in pediatrics and neonatology.
The book represents a substantial revision and reorganization of the text based on a complete review of the field of Pediatrics.
A major change in this edition is the concerted effort to condense the contents of the 6th edition in a single volume. There are 21 chapters carefully revised and updated by the respective authors. These changes are in accordance with the wishes expressed by several readers and also suggestions received from the publisher. The entire contents of the textbook were formulated to provide relevant clinical information and national priorities at one site. Judicious balance of old and young authors was made by retaining most authors as far as possible and at the same time inducting new experts in chosen fields. All the chapters have been thoroughly revised and updated in a lucid and readable style and have undergone a three-tier review and edit process.
- The latest edition of this extensive textbook highlights the substantial advances in preventive and therapeutic care in paediatrics since the last edition.
- Divided into 21 chapters, beginning with basic concepts of childcare, care of the newborn, and a chapter on growth and development.
- Subsequent chapters cover nutrition, immunity, immunisation and infectious diseases.
- The middle part of the book covers diseases of the nervous, cardiovascular, respiratory, and gastrointestinal systems, as well as the liver, kidney, urinary tract, and blood.
- Later chapters cover endocrinology, genetics, and adolescence amongst other topics.
- Thoroughly revised and reorganised into a single volume, enhanced by nearly 1200 full colour images and illustrations for quick and easy reference.
- New content and topics include new IAP growth charts, human milk banking, and survival of childhood cancer.
- A book of great utility for the students, teachers and practitioners of Pediatrics in India and South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) countries.
Now a major motion picture, this remarkable classic recounts, moment by moment, the spellbinding process that gave birth to the state of Israel. Collins and Lapierre weave a brilliant tapestry of shattered hopes, fierce pride, and breathtaking valor as the Arabs, Jews, and British collide in their fight for control of Jerusalem. "O Jerusalem!" meticulously re-creates this historic struggle. Collins and Lapierre penetrate the battle from the inside, exploring each party's interests, intentions, and concessions as the city of all of their dreams teeters on the brink of destruction. From the Jewish fighters and their heroic commanders to the charismatic Arab chieftain whose death in battle doomed his cause but inspired a generation of Palestinians, "O Jerusalem!" tells the three-dimensional story of this high-stakes, emotional conflict. Now with a new introduction by Dominique Lapierre, "O Jerusalem!" remains, as ever, a towering testament to the fiery dawn of Israel and an unforgettable tale of faith and violence, of betrayal and indomitable courage.
Specially designed for medical students, this book presents a succinct exposition of the clinical procedures involved in the diagnosis and management of common pediatric cases.
1. In a simple and easy- to- understand language, the book explains the fundamentals of:
- History taking &ndash both general and systemic
- Clinical examination- both general and systemic.
- Differential diagnosis